Are you looking for a way to show your love to that special woman in your life? One of the best ways to do just that is with the perfect love song. But with so many songs to choose from, finding the right track to dedicate to your girlfriend or wife-to-be may not be as easy as you think.
That’s why we’ve curated the ultimate list of romantic love songs for her — the lady in your life. Whether you want to make a romantic playlist for date night or are looking for the perfect song to dedicate to her at your wedding, we’ve got you covered.
Top 40 Most Popular Love and Wedding Songs for Her
If you’re looking for the perfect song to dedicate to your girlfriend or bride-to-be, our top 40 love song recommendations — 20 modern and 20 classic — is the perfect place to start.
Best modern love and wedding songs for her
1. “All of Me” — by John Legend
This emotional piano-based ballad from 2013, was Legend’s first No. 1 single in the U.S. Dedicated to his wife Chrissy Teigen, the lyrics talk about a love that is both unconditional, and all-consuming. Combined with his impeccable vocals, the lyrics are sure to touch your lady’s heart.
2. “Thinking Out Loud” — by Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran’s name is practically synonymous with the words love song. And this chart-topping 2014 track, which is all about ageless love that deepens and grows over the years, is the best of all of his romantic ballads. If you’re looking for a wedding song, Sheeran himself has called this the perfect “walking down the aisle song.”
3. “You Are the Best Thing“ — by Ray LaMontagne
What could be more touching than dedicating a song to your lady that tells her she is the best thing in your life? While this folk tune wasn’t a Top 10 hit, LaMontagne’s husky, gravelly voice and soulful lyrics make this the perfect love song.
4. “Love Will Keep Us Alive“ — by The Eagles
This Grammy-nominated song from 1994 is one of The Eagles’ best love songs. Bassist Timothy B. Schmit took lead on the vocals with his signature high tenor giving the song an air of vulnerability and restrained passion.
5. “Now and Forever“ — by Richard Marx
Featured in the 1994 film The Getaway, this acoustic love song was a Top 10 hit for Marx. Inspired by his relationship with his wife, the song is beautiful in its simplicity and, coupled by his slightly raspy voice, is perfect to dedicate to the woman you love.
6. “Perfect“ — by Ed Sheeran
This lovely ballad about marriage was another No. 1 hit for Sheeran both in the U.S. and in the U.K. Written for his future wife, Sheeran’s lyrics and vocals are heartfelt and poignant. Sheeran had so much success with this track that he recorded two alternate versions: one with Beyoncé called Perfect Duet and Perfect Symphony featuring Italian operatic tenor Andrea Bocelli.
7. “I Won’t Give Up On Us“ — by Jason Mraz
If Ed Sheeran is the king of the love ballads, then Mraz is the prince. This romantic track from 2012, his second Top 10 single, features acoustic guitar melodies and lyrics that talk of love and devotion.
8. “Amazed“ — by Lonestar
If your lady loves country music, this is the ultimate love ballad to dedicate to her. Not only was it Lonestar’s longest-lasting No. 1 single and biggest hit ever, this ballad expresses a man’s devotion to the woman he loves. What could be more perfect?
9. “Marry Me“ — by Train
The ultimate proposal song, Marry Me was a huge hit on adult contemporary charts in 2010. An acoustic guitar melody and lead singer Pat Monahan’s high tenor combined with heartfelt lyrics are sure to put a smile on your lady’s face — or bring tears to her eyes.
10. “(Everything I Do) I Do It For You“ — by Bryan Adams
Canadian rocker Bryan Adams’ Grammy-winning power ballad is the ultimate example of a man pouring his heart out to a woman. Featured on the 1991 soundtrack for Prince of Thieves, the lyrics speak of a love worth dying for — and what could be more romantic for a dedication song — or a date night playlist?
11. “Everything“ — by Michael Bublé
In an industry full of tenors, Bublé’s 2007 Grammy-nominated song stands out from the rest thanks to his smooth baritone. Inspired by then-girlfriend Emily Blunt, the Canadian singer’s lyrics are heartfelt and sincere, making this a natural choice to dedicate to your future wife or grilfriend.
12. “Wonderful Tonight“ — by Eric Clapton
A Top 40 hit for rocker Eric Clapton, this love ballad features his signature guitar riffs at beginning and end as well as an amazing guitar solo in the middle of the song. The lyrics perfectly describe a husband’s appreciation for his wife’s beauty.
13. “Greatest Day“ — by Take That
A No. 1 hit in the U.K., this song is the ideal track to dedicate to your bride on your wedding day. The best lyrics in the entire song are: “Tonight this could be the greatest night of our lives. Let’s make a new start. The future is ours to find.”
14. “Drowning“ — by Backstreet Boys
This song, a Top 40 hit for the Backstreet Boys, talks about a man being overwhelmed by the love he has for his lady. What could be better for a romantic night together or for a first wedding dance?
15. “You Sang to Me“ — by Marc Anthony
A No. 2 hit on the Hot 100 in 2000, this Grammy-nominated love song is full of passion, thanks to the beautiful melody and Anthony’s amazing vocals. Anthony has said he wrote this song for his friend Jennifer Lopez — and it must have been a hit with her, because they married soon after. The best thing about this song, however, is it still sounds as fresh today as it did more than 20 years ago, making it the perfect love song for you and your girlfriend or future wife.
16. “Then“ — by Brad Paisley
Paisley’s two-times platinum single is not only a great song for slow dancing with your girl, but is perfect if you’re looking for a more traditional country ballad to dedicate to your sweetheart. The lyrics talk about how love grows and deepens over time.
17. “I Do (Cherish You)“ — by Mark Wills
The title of this piano-driven country ballad pretty much says it all. This top 10 favorite in 1998 is all about having life-long love and devotion for one special person, making it the perfect song for a proposal, wedding or anniversary.
18. “Truly Madly Deeply“ — by Savage Garden
This 1997 chart topping tune from Australian pop duo Savage Garden has everything a love song needs to make it great: romantic lyrics, lilting melodies and dreamy vocals. Whether you’re planning a romantic date night or want a special song to dance to at your wedding, this song always delivers.
19. “Harvest Moon“ — by Neil Young
Written by iconic Canadian folk rocker Neil Young, this 1992 song was a minor hit for him, although the music video received a lot of play on MTV. The track, which features beautiful melodies and flawless background vocals not to mention Young’s signature harmonica playing, is an ode to loving, long-term relationships.
20. “Lucky“ — by Jason Mraz ft. Colbie Caillat
The lyrics from this 2008 Grammy-winning song talk about finding love with one’s best friend, making this song ideal for any couple who started out as pals and have found something more together.
Best classic love and wedding songs for her
1. “Can’t Help Falling in Love“ — by Elvis Presley
The King of Rock ’n Roll’s rendition of Can’t Help Falling in Love is not only regarded as one of the greatest songs of all time by Rolling Stone, it remains the most famous — despite being covered by numerous artists. This song is a popular first dance choice at weddings, but is also an essential addition to any romantic playlist.
2. “Unchained Melody“ — by The Righteous Brothers
This bittersweet love song recorded by the Righteous Brothers in 1965, is one of the most popular songs of all time, reaching No. 1 on the charts four different times and in three different decades. Sung by a number of artists, The Righteous Brothers version remains the most iconic thanks in large part to being included in the 1990 soundtrack of box office blockbuster Ghost.
3. “God Only Knows“ — by The Beach Boys
Praised by critics as one of the greatest songs ever written, the beautiful lead vocals of Carl Wilson take center stage in this love ballad from 1966. Called Carl’s greatest ever vocal performance, the song also includes the signature harmonies of the Beach Boys and the sophisticated musical arrangements of Brian Wilson.
4. “My Girl“ — by The Temptations
Known as the Temptations’ signature song, this No. 1 hit from 1965 is still played regularly on classic radio stations and was featured in a hit 1991 movie of the same name. The song features sweet lyrics and great harmonies that your lady will love.
5. “Let’s Stay Together“ — by Al Green
A No. 1 Billboard hit, this song by R&B star Al Green made Rolling Stone’s list of the 500 Greatest Songs of All Time. This song is a great choice for a romantic slow dance with your significant other.
6. “Stand By Me“ — by Ben E. King
Although this song has been covered by a variety of artists, King’s original version of the song remains the best. A top 10 hit in 1961, this song talks about how being in a loving relationship gives one the strength to face any battle.
7. “Unforgettable“ — by Nat King Cole
Nat King Cole had a hit with this song in 1951 but it was also revamped four decades later to create a duet with Cole’s daughter, Natalie. Both versions are beautiful, so you decide which version would work best for you.
8. “You Send Me“ — by Sam Cooke
Known as Cooke’s most famous song, You Send Me was a No. 1 hit on both Billboard’s R&B and Top 100 charts and was named one of the 500 most important rock ’n roll recordings by the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. Cooke’s smooth as silk vocals make this an ideal first dance song at a wedding — or as song to set the mood on a romantic date night.
9. “This Magic Moment“ — by Ben E. King and The Drifters
King’s second appearance on our list is this 1960 song that spent 11 weeks on Billboard’s top 100 chart. Still played regularly on classic radio, its romantic lyrics and great vocals make this a natural choice to dedicate to your sweetheart.
10. “When a Man Loves a Woman“ — by Percy Sledge
When a Man Loves a Woman was a huge hit for Percy Sledge in 1966, hitting the top spot on both the Billboard Hot 100 and R&B singles charts. Bette Midler and Michael Bolton have both covered the song successfully, but it’s Sledge’s rendition that remains the most popular.
11. “You Are So Beautiful“ — by Joe Cocker
Heavily influenced by Beach Boy Dennis Wilson, You Are So Beautiful is the most successful solo song of Cocker’s career and was frequently sung by Wilson at Beach Boys concerts. If you enjoy a rock-style singing voice, then Cocker’s raspy vocals make this a natural choice to dedicate to your girl.
12. “Wonderful World“ — by Sam Cooke
This 1960 R&B hit features Cooke’s smooth voice and a catchy melody — the perfect combination for radio success. The track enjoyed another surge in popularity thanks to being used as the title track on the soundtrack for the 2005 film Hitch.
13. “I’ll Be There“ — by The Jackson 5
This 1970 ballad, which was inducted into the Grammy Hall of Fame in 2011, features the pure vocals of an 11-year-old Michael Jackson. Sung with a passion that belied his years, Jackson’s lead vocal on I’ll Be There is what has made this love song stand the test of time.
14. “Happy Together“ — by The Turtles
Happy Together released in 1967, was The Turtles’ one and only No. 1 Hot 100 hit. Although this tune is uptempo, the lyrics make this song a romantic favorite.
15. “Come Fly With Me“ — by Frank Sinatra
Old Blue Eyes, as Sinatra was called, was known for his smooth vocals and big band sound; and both are in evidence on this 1958 single, making it a perfect choice for couples who want to enjoy a dance together.
16. “Something“ — by The Beatles
This 1969 ballad written by George Harrison to his then-wife Pattie Boyd, was another love song to make Rolling Stone’s 500 greatest songs list. It’s lyrics are simple and sincere and combine seamlessly with Harrison’s guitar work.
17. “The Way You Look Tonight“ — by Tony Bennett
Bennett’s 1958 cover of Fred Astaire’s 1930s song hit No. 3 on Billboard’s easy listening chart and had another surge in popularity when it was featured in My Best Friend’s Wedding in 1997. Bennet also recorded a beautiful duet with country singer Faith Hill in 2011, giving you two lovely versions to choose from.
18. “Crazy Love“ — by Van Morrison
Classic rock song Crazy Love has been covered by a number of artists since being released by Van Morrison in 1970. Morrison’s signature sound makes the original a natural choice but Michael Bublé’s version is ideal for jazz and pop lovers.
19. “L-O-V-E“ — by Nat King Cole
Cole’s L-O-V-E from 1965 has become a jazz standard covered by a variety of artists. While no one can match his vocals, Joss Stone’s 2007 take on the song would work for those who want a more modern sound.
20. “Ain’t No Mountain High Enough“ – by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
This upbeat duet from Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell was a Top 20 hit in 1967. It’s a fun love song choice for anyone who wants a more uptempo song to dedicate to their sweetheart.
Other Love and Wedding Songs For Her to Consider
These songs may not have made our top 40 list of best modern and classic love songs, but each track is a romantic ballad sure to touch the heart of the lady in your life.
Broken down by style or genre and listed in alphabetical order, we’ve made it easy to find all of the best love songs for her.
Best pop love and wedding songs for her
- “Better Together“ — by Jack Johnson
- “Endless Love” — by Lionel Richie ft. Shania Twain
- “Falling Like the Stars” — by James Arthur
- “Just the Way You Are” — by Billy Joel
- “Kiss Me” — by Ed Sheeran
- “I Am Yours” — Andy Grammer
- “I’m Yours” — by Jason Mraz
- “I Knew I Loved You” — by Savage Garden
- “I Lay My Love on You” — by Westlife
- “Little Things” — by One Direction
- “99 Years” — by Josh Groban ft. Jennifer N
- “No Place” — by Backstreet Boys
- “Nothing’s Gonna Change My Love For You” — by George Benson
- “Over And Over Again” — by Nathan Sykes
- “Stay With You“ — by John Legend
- “Tenerife Sea” — by Ed Sheeran
- “The Very Thought of You” — by Michael Bublé
- “This I Promise You” — by NSYNC
- “When You Say Nothing At All” — by Ronan Keating
- “XO” — by John Mayer
- “You & I” — by One Direction
Best R&B love and wedding songs for her
- “All My Life” — by K-Ci & JoJo
- “Baby I’m Yours” — by Shai
- “Back At One” — by Brian McKnight
- “Best Part“ — by Daniel Caesar ft. H.E.R.
- “Dontchange” — by Musiq Soulchild
- “Forever” — by Ben Harper
- “Forever My Lady” — by Jodeci
- “Happily Ever After” — by Case
- “Hello” — by Lionel Richie
- “Here and Now” — by Luther Vandross
- “I Just Called to Say I Love You” — by Stevie Wonder
- “I Swear” — by All-4-One
- “I’ll Make Love to You” — by Boyz II Men
- “Like I Do” — by Brian McKnight
- “Make It Last Forever” — by Keith Sweat
- “One Great Love” — by David Hollister
- “Ribbon in the Sky” — by Stevie Wonder
- “Share My Life” — by Kem
- “Spend My Life with You” — by Eric Benét and Tamia
- “Sexy Love” — by Ne-Yo
Best country love and wedding songs for her
- “Blessed” — by Thomas Rhett
- “Die a Happy Man” — by Thomas Rhett
- “From This Moment On” — by Shania Twain ft. Bryan White
- “God, Your Mama and Me” — by Florida Georgia Line ft. Backstreet Boys
- “I Need You” — by Faith Hill & Tim McGraw
- “I Do” — by Paul Brandt
- “I’ll Still Be Loving You” — by Restless Heart
- “I Met a Girl” — by William Michael Morgan
- “Islands In the Stream” — by Dolly Parton and Kenny Rogers
- “Lady” — by Kenny Rogers
- “Let’s Make Love” — by Faith Hill and Tim McGraw
- “Make You Feel My Love” — by Garth Brooks
- “Making Memories of Us” — by Keith Urban
- “My Love” — by Little Texas
- “My Best Friend” — by Tim McGraw
- “Nobody But You” — by Blake Shelton with Gwen Stefani
- “Promise to Love Her” — by Blane Howard
- “10,000 Hours” — by Dan + Shay ft. Justin Bieber
- “Your Love Amazes Me” — by John Berry
- “Yours” — by Russell Dickerson
Best rock love and wedding songs for her
- “All I Want is You” — by U2
- “Can’t Stop Loving You” — by Van Halen
- “Chasing Cars” — by Snow Patrol
- “Crush” — Dave Matthews Band
- “First Love Song” — by Across the Sky
- “Have I Told You Lately That I Love You” — by Rod Stewart
- “Heaven” — by Bryan Adams
- “Heaven” — by Warrant
- “I Don’t Want to Miss a Thing” — by Aerosmith
- “I Want You Around” — by The Ramones
- “Love at First Sight” — by John Mellencamp
- “Love of a Lifetime” — by Firehouse
- “Miss You In a Heartbeat” — by Def Leppard
- “More Than Words” — by Extreme
- “Thank You For Loving Me” — by Bon Jovi
- “There Will Be Time” — by Mumford & Sons featuring Baaba Maal
- “To Be With You” — by Mr. Big
- “When I See You Smile” — by Bad English
- “Yellow” — by Coldplay
- “You and Me” — by Lifehouse
Best classic love and wedding songs for her
- “Always and Forever” — by Heatwave
- “Baby Blue” — by Dennis Wilson ft. Carl Wilson
- “Can’t Take My Eyes Off You” — by Frankie Valli and The Four Seasons
- “Come Rain or Come Shine” — by Ray Charles
- “Devoted to You” — by The Everly Brothers
- “Earth Angel” — by Marvin Berry &The Starlighters
- “For the Love of You, Pts. 1 & 2” — by The Isley Brothers
- “Forever” — by The Beach Boys
- “Heaven” — by Carl Wilson
- “I’m Gonna Make You My Wife” — by the Whispers
- “Let There Be Love” — by Nat King Cole
- “Love and Happiness” — by Al Green
- “Only With You” — by The Beach Boys
- “P.S. I Love You” — by The Beatles
- “Put Your Head on My Shoulder” — by Paul Anka
- “Real Love” — by The Beatles
- “Save the Last Dance for Me” — by The Righteous Brothers
- “Fly Me to the Moon” — by Frank Sinatra
- “That’s How Strong My Love Is” — by Otis Redding
- “The Wonder of You” — by Elvis Presley
- “Words of Love” — by Buddy Holly
Best uptempo love and wedding songs for her
- “Baby Be Mine” — by Michael Jackson
- “Best Day of My Life” — by American Authors
- “Best of You” — by Andy Grammer ft. Elle King
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling” — by Justin Timberlake
- “Feel So Close” — by Calvin Harris
- “Forever” — by Chris Brown
- “Gimme All Your Lovin’” — by ZZ Top
- “Hello My Love” — by Westlife
- “I Want to Hold Your Hand” — by The Beatles
- “Just the Way You Are” — by Bruno Mars
- “Love Never Felt So Good” — by Michael Jackson and Justin Timberlake
- “Marry You” — by Bruno Mars
- “Mirror” — by Justin Timberlake
- “Never Gonna Give You Up” — by Rick Astley
- “Pretty Woman” — by Roy Orbison
- “Say Hey (I Love You)” — by Michael Franti & Spearhead
- “Sugar” — by Maroon 5
- “Sway” — by Michael Bublé
- “You Make My Dreams” — by Hall & Oates
Best inspirational love and wedding songs for her
- “Answered Prayer” — by Lisa Bevill and Bob Carlisle
- “Always Only You” — by Josh Wilson
- “Bless the Broken Road” — by Rascal Flatts
- “God Gave Me You” — by Dave Barnes
- “I Wanna Remember” — by NEEDTOBREATHE ft. Carrie Underwood
- “I Will Be Here” — by Steven Curtis Chapman
- “Jesus & You” — by Matthew West
- “Love Never Fails” — by Brandon Heath
- “Love is Not a Fight” — by Warren Barfield
- “Love Will Be Enough For Us” — by Brandon Heath
- “1,000 Miles” — by Mark Schultz
- “Thank God I Got Her” — by Jonny Diaz
- “The Day Before You” — by Matthew West
- “The Prayer” — by Andrea Bocelli and Céline Dion
- “Two Becoming One” — by Jonathan and Emily Martin
- “Unfailing Love” — by Jimmy Needham
- “Wedding Song (There is Love)” — by Noel Paul Stookey
- “When God Made You” — by Newsong ft. Natalie Grant
- “When I Say I Do” — by Matthew West